Friday, May 10, 2013

Chai Addict

Are you  a caffeine addict?  Well I cannot say chai is the same but its definitely not a herbal tea.  Chai is a tea that is similar to coffee.  Chai is a specialty in India.  It is said any woman that can make chai is a successful woman.  Indians take pride in their tea but they have every right to do so.  I have had my mothers tea many times, I've made tea myself also, I've tried tea at others houses, and at restaurants but no tea is the chai in India.  The first thing I'd like to enjoy when I reach Mumbai is CHAI.  It's better than coffee, chai latte.  Now imagine a caffeine addict going five years without coffee, impossible right?  Well that's what I've been doing, the impossible.  Now yes I have had tea in the past five years but it wasn't anywhere near real chai.  There's a difference.  Now I'm just wondering, when I do get to India, I'm definitely going to miss Starbucks and McDonald's coffee.  This is where I'll hit a bump in the road.  When I'm in the U.S. I miss real chai but when I'm there I miss coffee and fast-food.  There's no winning but I'll find some median, hopefully soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment